Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More training notes from Lance

Another first person account from "Lance" and his trainer:


"You would be delighted on how my bike training is going. Larry has taken me on "short rides" that we would normally make plane reservations for. He has also felt that  I should get some hill training ( in case there are any in Iowa). So, he has picked out these training routs that we would normally use a 4 wheel drive to get to the top of. As we peddle along, I am reassured that it is just another 200 meters (WTF is a meter?). As we round the curve, and all I can see is another rise, Larry cheerfully , comments on what a beautiful  day it is for a bike ride, or how we are almost there. The good news is that , so far, we have gotten to the end of all the training rides he has prescribed . The bad news is that we have to go back, and all of the down hills I enjoyed on the way up, are up hills on the way down, and the distance is twice as long going home as coming out ( or so it seems).  Sometimes it all feels like a roller coaster.  Lance "


No comments:

Post a Comment